Piano Horror ...

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:58:53 -0400

<SNIP>

By the way, Kieth wrote: "The harpsichord is a very light and delicate
thing." One of my music profs (Dr. Joe Pivall, So. Ill. Univ. at
Edwardsville, outstanding cellist and all around nice guy) publically
described the sound of the harpsichord thusly: "Marbles dropping through
bedsprings."

Alan R. Barnard

Salem, MO

            The description I remember from a noted pianist @ North
Texas State University --and I edit for those of a delicate nature---

            "Two skeletons cavorting on a tin roof"

            Tom Driscoll

---