Trevia question

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:11:12 EDT

List,
I came across a nice older grand today with the name Sohmer on the fallboard.
However from all indications I doubt very much it is a Sohmer. The piano was
purchased from a shady outfit and had been refinished. Me thinks there was
some "fraudulating" goin' on with the name Sohmer being attached to it.
For all you Chicago trivia buffs, what company used  "SB-SC- Chicago" cast
into their plate emblem?
No agraffes throughout, just capo d'astro from top to bottom.
Very wide bridges
Killer in the power and projection category
Size: 6 ft
Overall, a fairly decent piano.
 IMy guess is a Lyon & Healey.  Maybe Story & Clark or Schaff?

Tom Servinsky, RPT