hammers (was arledge strings)

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:50:30 -0800

Oops.. forgot to also include a couple videos to give you an idea of what
I mean by hard playing (mainly the low A - I'm more subdued on the other
notes.  The upright is my Ricca, and the grand is the Young Chang 150.

http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianopics/Ricca.avi
http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianopics/YCPG150.avi

P.S.  I just now looked at how much this message had been replied to time
and time again, and decided it was time for a clipping on this posting...
 :)

----- Original message -----
From: "Stephen Airy" <stephenairy@fastmail.fm>
To: "Piano Tech list - PTG" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:44:35 -0800
Subject: RE: Arledge bass strings (was  Baldwin Bass Strings)

sample 3 is basically what tone I want with hard, FF playing.  First clip
is recorded off an LP, last parts have some vocals in them.
http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianotone/FF_playing_03.mp3  With FF-FFF/louder
playing, I want a rich abundance of high harmonics above 5KHz, like you
can hear in these samples.
here's one more, file name pretty much self-explanatory:
http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianotone/some_soft_mostly_upper_treble.mp3

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm