Old Sherman and Clay Grand--Steinert in disguise?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:31:55 EDT

Hello list,

I tuned a really interesting old piano yesterday.  It is a Sherman and Clay
grand, I'd estimate it's length at 6' 4" or so.  Really nice old beast.  I
didn't have time to give it a really thorough lookover, but it tuned nicely
despite a few looser-than-desirable-pins, and had a really interesting, full sound.
The KO was far less troublesome that I would have thought from a piano that
age.

The serial number put it at 1925, and the T above the number must be the
model.  The Pierce Atlas said that these old Sherman and Clays were made by either
Steinert or Haddorf.   I'm thinking Steinert.  I've seen a few of them, and
they were very solid instruments.  Anybody familiar with these pianos?

It's always nice to find these oldies but goodies!

Dave Stahl