Delignet Pinblocks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:27:44 -0700

David:...."Trying to get the pinblock screws out of the piano turned out to
be quite
an ordeal.  They were completely frozen in the block and two of the longer
screws (at the struts) sheared off.  Is this typical behavior for Delignit
blocks?  Though I am going to replace the block, I have another question.
Were I to reuse a Delignit block, what is the best way to approach the next
tuning pin size.  These were 2/0 and were fairly tight, though quite
corroded."

I would say this is not typical of Delignet. I think the clue is in your
statement about the tuning pins......."quite corroded"! However, as I said
in a recent post, I always "cut" the threads into pre-drilled pilot holes.
Delignet is bit less forgiving of screws and such, IMO. Also, the person
that replaced that block might have done something to make it impossible to
remove the screws.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)