Killer Octave Occurrence in New Pianos

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:35:39 +0200

I would say its evident on all pianos, regardless of age. I wouldnt have said that 2 years ago, but I have worked very hard at improving voicing skills these past 3 years, and now I would have to say I notice this area fairly readily.

I have also run into a new name for this so called killer range. Grijavla refers to it as the (well known) melodic range of the piano.

Cheers
RicB