Killer Octave Occurrence in New Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 04:49:39 -0400

I have a question for techs that work on new pianos: What is the incidence of an identifiable Killer Octave area on a new piano? Let's say the threshold for its existence will be with voicing efforts - when you need to "voice the piano down" to blend the weak area (the Killer Octave) into the rest of the keyboard. Feel free to identify fallboard names (or not).

And yes, I have an ulterior motive - it has to do with a past technical presentation at a PTG chapter meeting.

Anyone?

Terry Farrell