Treble resonator

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 22:13:23 +0200

Cy Shuster wrote:

> In Del's small grand class at PTG 2000, I seem to remember him saying it's
> the long straight side of the rim that needs bracing.  I wonder why they
> brace this side?  Just because the treble side of the soundboard should be
> stiffer?

I think... its the belly rail thats the object here.. not the rim per se.... tho
I have to wonder if Terrys supposition that a beam of wood might do the job just
as well... but then you have to get the thing in place.  What I was wondering
most tho was how <<pulling>> at the belly rail  (towards the rim) is going to
stiffen the thing in the vertical plane... or isnt that important ?

RicB

> ---

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.