Practical Approaches was RE: This Needs A DefinitiveSettlement was RE: 1...

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:40:06 +0200

> I don't know if it's the backscale or not....

I'm sure nobody does when it comes right down to it. But there are plenty of
rather straight forward  ways of looking closer at things for the curious. For
example... lower tension  on a string say... 200 cents and then fasten a small
vice grips on to the string right at the aft bridge pin. Then bring the string
back up to tension. Note the pitch with your ETD, and then give the note a few
solid test blows... good hard ones. Note any difference. Then release the
vice-gripes from the string. And check out what happens.

There is plenty of room for experiementation with such things that can bring
you new insights. I think its important to try and find answers to such
questions as they pop up in our experiences on our own. And, I think far to
often, mystersious phenonmena akin to the "circle of sound" that seem flourish
so readily, get started because we do not bother to use our own persepectives
and experimentations to check out some new (or old) claim.... but simply sit
passively by and except this or another presumed expertise and authority.

Experiment with the thing... you never know what you might bump into !

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne