Practical Approaches was RE: This Needs A Definitive Settlement was RE: 1...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:16:35 -0500

>I don't know if it's the backscale or not, but I'm willing to take the
>word of those with a better grasp of the physics of it.
>
>Dave Stahl

I don't know either, but that's not what I'm talking about. Ok, let's try a
simpler demonstration. You strip mute a piano that's flat enough to need a
pitch raise. You go up to some note in the killer octave or above. You tune
it up to pitch, not pounding it hard. Then you whack it a couple of times
real good. The pitch very often drops, sometimes by a couple or more beats
per second (depending on how far you pulled it up to pitch). That's one
lone string, all by itself, and the pitch drop comes from the back scale.

Ron N