Price shopper call......

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:11:40 -0800

Whenever people call price shopping my response is first to ask if I was
referred (just to be sure), and if it becomes clear that they are price
shopping, I ask them if they are shopping for price.  When they say yes, I
tell them very directly that they would be better off shopping for quality.
I say that they will always be able to find someone cheaper, but that the
quality of the work should be their criteria.  A cheap tuning that is of
poor quality or that doesn't hold is of little use at any price.  I offer
then to provide some references if they are interested.  This usually
sparks a dialogue which often leads to an appointment without them calling
references.  Of course, it is a good idea to have some on hand should they
wish to check them.  Piano teachers that I tune for always amenable to this
as it gives them an opportunity often for a new student.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net