Frozen Let-Off Rail Fix

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:13:59 EST

In a message dated 1/24/03 6:39:20 PM Central Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Thanks for the try Wim, but that won't do in this case. Piano is family
> heirloom. It stays. She plays well. Son is professional pianist. Family
> reunion in three weeks. She wants it regulated, so I do need to get the
> letoff rail functioning. Otherwise, I agree that your approach has merit.
>
> Terry Farrell

This is going back to other situations we have discussed here. She plays well
and the son's a professional. Yet they want an old, worn out, rusty piano to
function like a new one. Somewhere along the line we need to convince people
that there is a life expectancy on piano, or at least, as in this case, a
piano that is not worth the trouble or effort to make it play like a new(er)
one. I'm saying the piano needs to be junked, especially since it's an
heirloom. But if they want a piano that is going to give them the action and
tone they desire and deserve, they should look at getting one that will
satisfy their abilities.

Wim