close enough>??

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:37:16 -0600

Friends,

At 10:02 1/24/2003 -0600, I wrote:

>A followup question:
>
>If the extra charge for a pitch raise is for the extra tuning pass required,
>and,
>If a tuner normally goes over the piano twice (as I've seen some state
>they do),
>
>-where is the extra pass which differentiates a normal from a pitch raise
>tuning??

I went to another P2 after I sent that last and did a very similar pitch
raise/unisons then stripped it back up in preparation for the fine
tuning.  Elapsed time from date stamp until I was back in front of the
computer - 20 Minutes.

So, if my pitch raise portion of the tuning is ~20 minutes (remember, I put
the piano back into same conditions of being ready to tune) does this mean
that I should raise my rates by 1/3, given that my normal tuning time is
nominally less than an hour? [It HAS to be to function in a school
environment.]

Note:
I only raised my rates by ~6% this month. ;-{
I only charge for gross (<50¢) pitch raises.

Such a deal...

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA
Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems