Yamaha/Water Damaged

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:43:17 -0800 (PST)

Check the statute of limitations on filing a claim in
your state, then, I would guess, put the piano in a
42% humidity room for about a month and a half, check
for damage. Take the humnidity down to 25% to a couple
of days to replicate a really cold day (like now) and
check for separation at the post ends and soundboard
cracks.
     I wouldn't expect  veneer to come loose on a
modern piano (no horse glue) but loose pins could be
big problem, expansion of panels, etc..
     Thump