Action Elevations

Brian Trout brian_trout@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:47:40 -0600

Hi Richard,

It's been a long time since I've been on the list but just resubscribed.

Interesting conversation about rake angles, keybed angles, string angles,
hammer shank length, hammer bore, etc.

It's interesting to hear people refer to a particular action dimension as
"written in stone", as in don't ever change that!  But when it comes right
down to it, for those willing to think things through, it's all one great
big balancing act, a series of levers, basically.  A change in one will
change the rest.  A particular dimension may be ideal within a given set of
parameters... but totally wrong when one or more of those other parameters
change.

It's like a big ol' algebra equation.  Change one thing, you've changed the
whole thing.  Different isn't necessarily wrong.

(I confess I haven't read the article you refer to, but would like to have a
look.  Which issue of the Journal is Bob H's article in?)

Take care,

Brian Trout