Aural vs. electronic again, was "Re: Another newbie question"

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:58:22 -0500

Susan and list,
         FWIW, I find that using an ETD makes my tunings take somewhat
longer. I'm not sure if the extra time is spent  fiddling with the program
or just watching the display and trying to make something perfect out of
something imperfect.  I prefer to use one as I believe it keeps my efforts
consistent if nothing else. I've heard it said that my tunings (with an
ETD) are too perfect. This was from a musician I respect. I remember
thinking that ETD tunings were too sterile before I started using one. Now
I'm producing those sterile tunings myself. Ah Well, .... progress!

Greg Newell