NEW FLASH [OT]

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:03:38 -0800

Here here!  I can not think of anything more stressful, period.  Imagine you
are the leader of the free world.  Now imagine the pressures of the economy,
domestic issues, media critics, the celebrity critics, (the inside experts
who know everything ---NOT).  Then pile on the responsibility of
international diplomacy, a insane idiot who has no remorse killing his own
family and seeking nuclear materials to kill some more, and an antiquated
communist regime in N. Korea looking for trouble.  Then top it all off with
the "give peace a chance... and another, and another..." crowd marching
around themselves.  Then ask yourself, "do these leaders really need our
slaps in the face right now?"  Or... is it within our reach to recognize
them as "Americans" like the rest of us, (capital A), trying to do an
impossible job in an impossible time, in an impossible world.  I doubt Mr.
W. is getting much quality sleep right now, nor are the genuinely qualified
experts around him.  I would not want his job but I'm sure glad he is
willing to do it.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV