Renner Back Action

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:32:04 EST

<<  I need to zip (fast) out a rebuild proposal on a 1973 Steinway L. Did the
Teflon disease progress to the back actions? <<

Yes, and they can be a clicking nightmare.  However, the geometry with the
short arm back actions is more likely a better reason to replace it.

>>And about how many hours can be anticipated by an experienced tech (not
that that has anything to do with me, but it is useful for calculating fees)
to install the Renner Back Action. >>

Your first one will take longer, but I just installed one today,(and some of
yesterday).  Total hours are about 6.
   The price of a Steinway damper tray, with all the flanges mounted, is $890
and will still require work to space to your keys.  The 6 hours of work I did
was worth about $420 so the overall cost to the customer will be about the
same, the only difference is that you get the money instead of Steinway.  .
 Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/