Extra Capstan

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:36:58 +0100

Hi folks

Was dinking around today and got to thinking.... why not two capstans.
One to take you up to letoff drop, and one to finish the job as it were.
The immediate benifite would be to be able to design extra leverage in
to the system while not sacrificing anything relative to touch.

I fooled around a bit with a upright jack return spring mounted in a
half way bored tuning pin bushing. Placed just in front of the capstan
and strong enough to help lift, but not so strong as to push the hamer
away from rest position. It got 4 grams off Downweight.

Course any such contraption would defininatly get in the way of the
capstan adjustment, unless you could figure out a way to easily remove
and replace it... a slide mount or something.

Anyways... seemed interesting enough so I thought I would throw it out
at you all

Cheers

RicB

--