tuning pin bushings

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:26:31 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@cox.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: tuning pin bushings

List
An old Kimball 6'7" grand came in for a "redo." The plate hole for the
tuning pin bushings mikes at .470."  The available bushings are 7/16" which
is .436" O.D.

Paul Chick

 There are no functional problems with just leaving them out, though it has
a look like it might whistle in a light wind. Or you could make a set from
1/2" dowel on the table saw. How thick is the plate webbing?

 Ron N

Making them occured to me. I think I'll leave the old ones in and see how
they look after plate prep and finishing. They are flush and smooth. If they
turn ugly between coats, I'll punch them out. The webbing runs about 5/16".
Thanks, Ron.

Paul Chick