I'm coming Nell!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:31:40 -0600

I got to be the good guy today, but nobody knows about it until now. I
stopped by one of my churches to check out a Dampp-Chaser problem. "The pad
light is blinking" It turned out to be the low water light, naturally, and
the reservoir was empty, though the pads were still damp. Looks like
another round of education  is in order. After finally finding the filler
can (following the Pastor around while he looked) and pouring in the first
load of water, I glanced over and saw "something" duck under the closet
door. Listening, I heard it rattling around inside, but the door was locked
and I couldn't give chase and see what it was. Boojums! Back with the
second can of water, I was putting the cover back on the piano when I heard
a noise behind me. There, between a couple of chairs, I saw something
moving. Yup, Boojums. I went over, and there was a mouse, dragging the trap
that had her by the (crushed) foot, and the trap wedged between the chair
legs so she was stuck and couldn't get away. I'm sure she thought she was a
goner. I grabbed her tail, sprung her from the trap, carried her down the
hall, and set her outside the back door where she hobbled off into the
bushes. I hope I bettered her survival odds, if the shock from having a
foot crushed doesn't get her. I'll never know.
Ron N