My mistake.....my lesson....a cautionary tale

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:28:53 EST

Hey David,
   It does happen,  seems that very few of us will go the the grave having
never had a situation go sour for one reason or another.
   If it helps,  I once had a piano accepted as "perfect-don't do anything
but tune".  So I didn't, I just tuned it and left everything but the pedal
squeak alone.  Two hours later, the artist sits down at the piano and
immediately asked me if I had lacquered it up!  They were convinced I had
ruined the piano's tone, and  I was never believed, even though I had done
nothing.
  The artist went on their way the following day, and the owner finally
accepted that it wasn't the piano or me that had changed.
 Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/