(OT & Boring) SHAME..my last also..

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:34:27 +0100

Kevin, personally your observations provide perhaps one of the absolute
best reasons why we should feel free to air our political thoughts on
this or any other list. There is no real threat to the list here
anyways. We are piano folks and mostly bound to each other by that
common interest, and it is that we will most often converse about. A
digresion here and there into this or that does no harm at all as far as
I can see.

On the contrary, It probably does the Thumpers and the Chest Pounders
amoungst our midst good to make total and complete fjøls of themselves
by exploding into total irrational expoundualtions about what they deem
the center of true knowledge or some or another issue. Perhaps by doing
so often enough they may come to realize how silly it all is :)

Besides, it serves as comic relief, breaks the monotony, reminds us of
our humanity, and gives us pause to remember we are all in the end in
the same tub, and we'd better be able to get along well enough to avoid
pulling the proverbial plug as it were.  Getting along in my book
implies understanding, not avoidance, of ones own and each others views.
A continuing effort me thinks.

And like I said.... not to worry... we are piano folk and because of
that fact this list will remain basically piano talk.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.