for a friend in USA

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:54:54 EST

Elian,

A little late was also my first thought.  She is asking questions for which
the answers would fill volumes.  I recall you being one of the people who
wanted me removed from this list a few years ago because of this very
subject.  Don't try to tell me it didn't have anything to do with that
because I know it had anything and everything to do with it.

I always said that these questions would not go away and neither would I.
I've seen scores of people brush this subject off as being something
completely irrelevant to their work.  But now comes the emergency.  What is
all of this all about?

I still offer you humbly, my website.  It is a place for many in depth
articles on these kinds of questions.  She should read the first three
chapters on History of Tuning and the definition of Well Tempered tuning.
The article on Key Color would also be helpful.

The pure, plain and simple answer to the question of what an "unequal
temperament" is, any temperament which contains any kind of equality
whatsoever.

I wish the student luck in getting a grasp on this by tomorrow.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin