Crack Problem ... And It's YOUR Piano

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:31:00 -0500

Alan,
         I have one of these that I've been preparing to rent out. It's
about a 1976 or so instrument with cracks in the same places you've
mentioned. I simply put in some glue between the board and ribs and screwed
down the soundboard with drywall screws. Drawing down the cracks on either
side of where it intersects the long bridge cured the gap there also and
the glue should hold it together for the long haul. It's not a concert
instrument and I didn't treat it like one. Worked great, sounds good, out
the door it goes!

Greg Newell