Last Ivory keys?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:07:16 -0800

Hi all,

Just picked up a very nice story & clark spinet, circa 1942. It has Ivory
keys. Can anyone tell me when, at least in the US market, about what year
the use of Ivory keytops was discontinued? Btw, I am also quite pleasantly
pleased with the apparent higher quality of this particular piano, as most
spinets, in my experience,  range from poor to average at best. I would rate
this one on par with the better acrosonics or even yamaha, which actually
made a pretty darn nice spinet way back when.

Terry Peterson