Kimball Whitney

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:03:14 -0600

> For some reason, I just FEEL this post coming!! :-)
>
> Avery

I'll tell you what.... practice on a Whitney for 30 minutes and
then practice on any "digital keyboard" (valued the same as the
Whitney) for the same time and see which one you want to play for
the next 30 minutes.   If they only had 12 more notes there would
be no need to even write this.
     Does the Whitney have a metronome, diskette drive, midi out
and in, 120 voices, 120 rhythms, 12,000 note sequencer, music
editing capabilities, split keyboard, four voice layering,
playback of any midi file from the internet, real-time recording
of what you play, headphones so you can practice anytime,
anywhere?  Can you take your Whitney on the plane?
    If a client had $500 to buy a spinet I would advise them to
check out a "portable keyboard", at the same price and then
decide.  If a client wanted to spend $500 on getting a Whitney or
any other spinet into practicing condition I would still suggest
looking at the "electronic keyboards" before they commit.
    In this day and age the piano player with a Musician's Union
card gets paid very well to play the digital or electronic
keyboard.
    So what do you want to invest in?    ---rm