Kimball Whitney

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@bwsys.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 15:26:45 -0600

Tom, You are way off base here. Bill's opinion was well expressed. Too =
bad you didn't like it. Don't rant at him.
Rich=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Driscoll=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 2:45 PM
  Subject: RE: Kimball Whitney

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf Of SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 2:07 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org

  In a message dated 1/5/03 12:36:31 PM Central Standard Time, =
tomtuner@attbi.com writes:

  List,
      Not to open a can of worms here, and I preface my comment by
  telling you I'm not a "digital keyboard" ,guy but even a low cost
  digital would be more productive for a beginner than a Whitney that is
  difficult to tune, has horrid stability problems , awful tone and an
  action that has poor performance at best. If there is a reason why
  Kimball is gone the Whitney may give a clue.Just my opinion .
      Tom Driscoll RPT

  Funny, I never had any of these problems.  Kimball is still in =
business and making a profit.  The Whitney piano will last longer than =
all of those on here who have condemned it.  If it were in my area, I'd =
treat it just as I would any other piano.  I might charge more for =
servicing than was paid for the piano but that's how I make my living, =
piano service, not trashing virtually every piano ever made.

  Bill Bremmer RPT
  Madison, Wisconsin
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-

              Bill

                 Not surprising that you'd be the guy to object to my =
comment. For accuracy sake, Kimball does not make pianos any more.=20

              I service many Kimballs, some quite acceptable some less =
so, and do my best with the Whitneys in my practice.=20

              Do I trash these pianos to their owners? Of course not. =
The query was concerning opinions on the Whitney and I was responding to =
a reply about digitals.=20

              I know your skills far exceed those of mine, after all I'm =
a mere mortal and personally have trouble tuning these things and find =
most of them reacting wildly to our New England humidity swings.=20

              I reiterate--- A digital piano, always in tune with the =
notes all working would be my choice over the Whitney.

              My ten year old is in piano lessons starting year three on =
a 60's Wurlitzer spinet and doing well, so this is not an anti-spinet =
vendetta. I'll soon get a studio for her as she can appreciate the touch =
and tone improvement now.

              If I may say Bill, this is why you have so much trouble =
with people on the list. You distort a posting to exalt yourself and =
your skills. So go on, call be a piano basher and despite the obvious =
contributions of which you are capable this member finds you boorish and =
tiresome.

              Tom Driscoll RPT

             =20