Restored Baldwin out the door

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 05:01:25 EST

In a message dated 1/4/2003 11:04:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> Subj: Re: Restored Baldwin out the door
>  Date: 1/4/2003 11:04:50 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:pianobuilders@olynet.com">pianobuilders@olynet.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet

                    I know I've rebuilt a Baldwin K which is the 6ft. 3 size.
I liked it as well as the L or at least in different ways. Maybe a question
For Jack Wyatt as to its predesseror.
   As to the rib width you queired about,  rib 1 being low bass thru 12 being
high treble ,width as follows. Ribs1-3 at 24mm wide no. 4 ,5 at 25mm, no. 6
at 26mm, 7,8,9,10 at 24mm, 11,12 at 22mm.
  I don't know the Baldwin R width specs. I took the heights of it though off
an existing 1950s R with a decent sounding but  not much crown left in board
thats' currently in for work.
   I have no doubt this was a probably a compression crowned like device.
       Dale