Negativity on tuning time

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:08:28 EST

 I trust the holiday season has left all, and theirs, rested, happy and
raring to go in this new year........... :-)

 I have a couple of comments to make on the "tuning time thread" that I need
to get off my mind...........there's not much room there you see?

 First, the original question was on "tuning time" not on 'service call' time
and not on how long to allow for each customer at a set fee...or any other
thingeeeeeee....... OK?

 Second, speed is not needfully an indicator of less than full quality tuning
rather it oftimes is an indicator of ability, experience and economy of
motion.

 To see some of the responses and their negative comments...especially the
one about colleagues being "not honest" in responses was most disheartening
to me. I realllllly find it discouraging to see some of these type responses
on this list. The cute little cracks about abilities of those whom we don't
know and have never heard the work of are misplaced, demeaning and have no
redeeming social value (PC enough?), in my opinion.

 I suggest that in this new year we each try to keep this negative type of
response off the list...or as Thumper's Father said "If you can't say
something nice don't say anything at all."
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)