Clear poly repair

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:28:15 -0600

 Paul:
 I've done repairs to clear finishes with CA.  It sands
 kinda different, but will work ok.  I have found, though, that polyester
 doesn't bond well to CA.  I've had the poly chunk out after trying to
 seal the area with CA.  All in the attempt to keep the color from being
 pulled out by the polyester.
 Paul McCloud
 San Diego

Thanks for jumping in, Paul.  I have made some small dent/chip repairs about
a millimeter in size using CA instead of poly. It sanded differently but
buffed to a matching gloss and good color, even with black. But I've never
tried it under poly. Since poly needs to bond mechanically, maybe the CA is
too smooth.

Paul Chick