Damper guide rail problem -Thanks

Christus4@aol.com Christus4@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:24:02 EST

Thanks for the help, everyone, with the guide rail advice.
Have a better overview of how to approach things when whoever pays me to go
back and correct the problem.  The basic original question was how much time
might be involved in the whole process, so that I could give the dealer a
reasonable estimate. Like it was said, the "political part" of the fix  is
the hard part.  When they resolve that, I'm ready and willing to effect the
"mechanical part"; I actually enjoy regulating dampers.
The piano, incidentally, is a newish Chickering 507 - made during the
pre-receivership period, I'm guessing (read:  "Estate" piano), and was bought
"new" in late 2002.
Great tips as usual, thanks especially David A., Gene, Ron, RicB, and Jim.
Gratefully,
Chuck