Vertical backcheck noise?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:39:53 EST

In a message dated 2/28/03 2:34:15 AM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@supernet.com
writes:

> Several of you mentioned this.  No, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems unlikely
> that since nearly every note has this noise, and it is relatively
> consistent,
> that it is loose catcher shanks.  I only remember checking one, though; it
> was okay.  Thanks to all for your suggestions.
>
> Clyde

Clyde

How did you check it? I have on occasion found that just wiggling it did not
show it was loose. It wasn't until I took the hammer and but out of the
piano, and twisted the shank, that it showed that it was loose. Since you
said it was on all of them, it might be a problem with this whole set of
butts. Maybe somebody had a bad day, or a newbie at the factory didn't know
how much glue to put in each hole. All sorts of reasons why a whole set of
butts are bad.

Wim