Delignit

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:02:05 -0600

 I switched to Delignit
> originally because the multilam blocks tended to be more erratic in feel
> from season to season in schools and other venues with the worst possible
> humidity control. I saw a new multilam block go from cracking tight to too
> loose to hold in under four years in an old radiator heated high school.
> Other than that, I don't have a thing against these blocks.
>
> I'm going to put a multilam block with a 9mm Delignit top lamination in a
> piano soon. I hope to get some of the best of both from the combination.
>
> Ron N

You've mentioned your hybrid pinblock in earlier posts and peaked my
interest.  I will admit my distrust of thin ply laminations in pinblocks
rests with the experiences I've had with Baldwins, and some Falconwood jobs.
The Delignit installs I've seen and tuned leave me unconvinced they are
superior.  If you're going to Dallas, maybe we could hash this some more
over a....wheat beer!?!

Paul Chick