Drying pinblock before stringing

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:15:47 -0800 (PST)

Actually, I have heard plenty stories about pianos
strung here in the hot and humid Souweth, in the
summer, which develop loose poins when the furnace is
turned on. I'm merely tryiong to cancel the effect.
     Thump

Try this: Drill hole in block of wood, diameter of
finger (use mic). Now, insert finger full length, find
easy chair, dip block in bucket of H2O, watch
"Titanic".

When film is completed,
try to remove finger.

Answer question:
Does finger get stuck because hole gets A) Larger with
water added to wood?
B)Smaller with water added to wood?
Stick hand in oven---(low heat!)
Watch "Titanic" again.
Does finger come out?
Why?

Next Question:
Chaise longue is to aardvark, as rubber band is to:
A)"Astroturph" (TM)
B)Cold cream
C)Rhinocerous

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>