The last octave

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:30:00 -0600

> Also, I've gotten my terminology slightly off - I'm talking about the
> unisons of the last notes of the last octave.

I watched some factory tuners use very quick repetitive blows for the notes
in the last octave.  The volume wasn't as important as creating a "sustain"
and keeping the other "junk" (sounds) to a minimum while you turn the pin.
Light to medium blows work well.  You'll hear it as soon as the strings are
in tune.   It sets the string nicely, too.

Paul Chick