The last octave

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:22:37 -0600

Duaine,

Are you talking about octaves or unisons? When I was a young tuner (25+
yrs. ago), a tech
told me at a convention in Dallas to listen for a "bell-like" tone when the
tuning was good. This
is using fairly fast, repeated blows. There's usually too much garbage in
that area to try and
listen for more than a second or two.

He was referring to unisons but it would work for octaves also and then add
ever how much
stretch you like to that 2/1 octave.