Keytop Replacement

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:40:23 -0700

Hi Tommy,
The thing that I like about my radial compound chop saw jig for removing =
the key top or end, is that the key does not move just the saw blade. No =
slippies or gouges.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bigeartb@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 7:50 PM
  Subject: Keytop Replacement

  List:
       Tell me the tricks of replacing old keytops with molded keytops =
with fronts. Whats the best way to make the tops fit the keys and what =
glue is perferred. I have been 'shaving' the old tops off with my 10" =
table saw.....contact cement....and filing the tops to the key. I hate =
the filing. Is there a better trick?

  Tommy Black
  Decatur, Ala.