Stopping colds in their tracks!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:27:08 -0800 (PST)

> The doctor stated that if you can stop the
> inflammation of the nose lining,
> the virus will die off without multiplying in
> sufficient numbers to infect
> the body.  His suggestion was to supply the troops
> with Ibuprophen as it is
> an excellent anti-inflammatory.  At the first
> sniffle or sneeze, they are to
> take it twice a day until the sniffle or sneeze
> stops.
>
> I have been do this for about 5 year now and have
> not had a cold since.
> FWIW.
>
> Ned Swift
> Lowell, MI
>
> WoW! That's really great advice, Ned!  But I still
think that keeping your mouth clean really helps, too.
    If I go into a place ( or piano ) that's really
filthy---so filthy that I can taste it in my mouth- I
realize that some airborne cooties are reproducing
there, eating whatever food particles are in my mouth.
If I let them, a "film" quickly grows on the teeth
that one can feel, as bacteria can reproduce 1,000,000
fold in five minutews (so I've heard). I believe that
by brushing, flossing and rinsing with a good
mouthwash ( repeatedly if necessary) one can stop this
enlarged colony before it travels down the throat, to
the lungs, and into the nasal cavity. I tried ignoring
this regimen just once last year,after getting a good
"Whiff of Hippie", and was ragingly ill for 3 weeks!
It started with a sore throat and was soon in my head,
chest, etc.. NEVER AGAIN!
     Thump