Aural tuning with a head cold

Ned Swift swiftspiano@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:11:43 -0500

Hi list

I read an article a few years back in Readers Digest about colds.  It seems
that the Army did research on colds and how to prevent them.  The doctor who
did the research discovered that the only way you can catch a cold is
through your nose.

The virus likes the nose because it is warm and moist.  But, in order for
the virus to multiply, it needs the nose to be warmer and more moist, so it
irritates the lining of the nose to create the ideal conditions for
multiplying.

The doctor stated that if you can stop the inflammation of the nose lining,
the virus will die off without multiplying in sufficient numbers to infect
the body.  His suggestion was to supply the troops with Ibuprophen as it is
an excellent anti-inflammatory.  At the first sniffle or sneeze, they are to
take it twice a day until the sniffle or sneeze stops.

I have been do this for about 5 year now and have not had a cold since.
FWIW.

Ned Swift
Lowell, MI