Unusual requests

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:57:04 -0500

Gordon,

This problem is of your own making.  If you didn't want to tell the
nasty story, you shouldn't have mentioned it at all.  What you've done
now is stir up a curiosity to know the lurid details, even for those of
us who seek to promote good.  It's like a little kid who taunts a
playmate by saying, "I know a secret, but I'm not going to tell you."
The natural response is,  "What is it?  What is it?  I want to know!"

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but from reading what you wrote below it's not
hard to believe that you wanted the very reaction you're getting -- more
attention.  It works, doesn't it?  You are now making it clear that you
WILL tell the story, although maybe only privately, if people bug you
enough.

For future reference, if you don't want to "go there," don't mention it
at all.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger