Stretch....What's it all about

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:43:44 +0100

Dave, Joe...and others

I also have to lend my support to the sentiments below. I have even found I have
to hold onto this P12ths tuning I use a lot these days. It typically results in
a pure 2:1 octave coincident for the highest octave that winds up at 35 + cents
for C7 [2] - C8 [1]. This is quite a bit conservative of most of the
stretches... ETD or otherwise. And even that seems a bit overly tense sometimes.
I find that sounding the double and triple octaves with this conservative
stretch does not sound bad at all. Quite the opposite really. I like to end up
with very close to a perfect 4:2:1 for C6, C7 and C8.... and this usually reads
from 28 to 32 + cents.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne