Nice Baldwin Pinblock

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 05:30:49 -0800 (PST)

Hey Terry,
    If you are going to all that trouble, I'm sure
you'll slather epoxy all over the block surface to
make it moisture-proof, right?
     Personally, I would not try this approach. Old
hide glue weakens with humidity swings, and the block
may be on the verge of delamination, or have some
internal separation that you can't see that is
worsened by pounding in the plugs. And you might even
get "Mad Cow Disease" ( Spongiform encephalopy ) from
breathing all that hide glue dust you kick up
drilling!
      Thump