Rebuilding Steinways vs Asians

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:55:19 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 22, 2003 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Steinways vs Asians

> Could some sort of turnbuckle design be added to
> augment these soft-rimmed Asians?
>      Thump

Probably, though some care would be required. You have to screw into
something and if that something has poor screw-holding capability or is
prone to tear-out you wouldn't be able to create enough tension on the
turnbuckle to help much. I'm not convinced it would help much anyway. We've
already tried installing additional bellybracing in strategic areas, but
with little improvement. Short sustain and percussive attack still reigns.

The industry has been working very hard to come up with the disposable
piano. I fear they may have succeeded.

Del