Rebuilding Steinways vs Asians

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:56:53 -0800

No I did not make the quote that the inner rim wood makes it less desirable
to rebuild Asian Pianos. I think I would attribute that sentiment to Del,
who likes to grouse about the "Select Hardwood". <G> I too, grouse about it.
IF those asian pianos had "Real" screws in them, instead of some
hermaphrodite type of Phillips, I might consider rebuilding a few. (I truly
detest any kind of "Phillips" type screw!) But, alas, that is not the case!
(Probably just as well:-)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)