Screws, beautiful screws!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:07:51 -0800 (PST)

I would be hapy to know that SOMEONE on this planet
still makes a decent screw!!!! With the slot in the
middle (not Phillips, not a slot over to one side) and
strong enough to put in hardwood without snapping
off!!! The screws from American hardware stores these
days WEIGH aboiut 1/2 as much as their traditional
counterparts, and I guess that's why they are usually
Phillips: to prevent you from being able to torque it
to the breaking point!
    Rant!
     Thump