Petrof and Asian "Tubs".

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:33:05 +0100

gordon stelter wrote:

> Cheap? This one (5'8"-6') was "List,$25,000,
> Sale,$22,000" - more than I had in my pocket at the
> moment.

Well... if you did have anything in your pocket... how much would you
have to pay for a Steinway A, or a C3 these days over there ? Here, I
can get a 193cm Petrof for about half the price of an S&S A. And a
Yamaha C3 or C5 is going to be about 30 % more expensive.

Petrofs are no longer the least expensive instruments we can buy... but
they have a ways to go before they get as pricey as most of the other
names around.

> And, no, I would not call it a recital hall
> piano, but for home use it was really dandy sounding!

I bet it was... they generally are. But .... well.. get to know them

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.