Petrof and Asian "Tubs".

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 12:29:22 -0800 (PST)

Cheap? This one (5'8"-6') was "List,$25,000,
Sale,$22,000" - more than I had in my pocket at the
moment. And, no, I would not call it a recital hall
piano, but for home use it was really dandy sounding!
Whassatter? Won't it hold up?
     I too have seen MANY Asian pianos become "tubs"
in NO TIME (compared with AMERICAN pianos from the
early 20th, which still retain some musicality,
regardless of how beat up[ they get) . I always
assumed this was due to rim spread caused by luan and
other softwood use, and resultant soundboard collapse.
     Thump

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>