Steinway Bashing........

Sherry swidmer@rochester.rr.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:57:56 -0500

For what it's worth, Before becoming partially disabled from rheumatoid
arthritis I was a professional pianist.  I played many pianos over the years
but the pianos that I most loved to play were always the Steinways.  To me,
they had what I can only describe as a "soul"--a kind of living presence.  I
was able to interact with the best of these pianos producing a greater range
of tone quality than any other instrument.   The piece I most loved to
perform was the Brahms g minor Rhapsodie.  Talk about extreme tonal and
expressive ranges in a single piece--------!!!!!!