What do I do with Story&Clark/Yamaha 158 grand?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:01:48 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks!
     This Yamaha built Story&Clark model 158 grand is
in a church social hall. The pins have that typical
looseness of Yamahas from the 1960's or 70's, which I
have felt before. The church wants the piano fixed,
but does not have a big budget. The pins have been
driven already.
     Otherwise, the piano's in quite good condition.
I was thinking of restringing with "Lo-Torque" pins, a
size or two up, with pinholes swabbed with CA or
epoxy. I would prefer not to replace the block, if
that's acceptable. The pins are uniform, just not
quite tight enough.
    What do you recommend?
    Gordon Stelter